BLIS used by Dell EMC for benchmarking

Field Van Zee

Sep 25, 2018, 3:19:36 PM9/25/18
to blis-discuss
Friends of BLIS,

One of our contacts at AMD recently learned that Dell EMC is using BLIS to perform performance evaluations on their new AMD EPYC hardware [1].

Granted, it appears that they have a somewhat curious way of expressing performance; they measure GFLOPS with frequency throttling enabled but then characterize it in terms of a peak rate that assumes a lower, constant clock.

That said, they are using BLIS, which we were thrilled to hear. They also link to our github page, which we appreciate.

(h/t to Satish for forwarding this info along)

Field

[1] https://www.dell.com/support/article/in/en/indhs1/sln313856/amd-epyc-stream-hpl-infiniband-and-wrf-performance-study?lang=en