BLIS dynamically-linked library for Windows?

Field Van Zee

Aug 30, 2018, 3:55:29 PM8/30/18
to blis-discuss
Friends of BLIS,

We have a high-level potential consumer of BLIS (not a developer) who is looking for a pre-built Windows DLL of BLIS. Granted, we do not support Windows explicitly in BLIS. However, it's possible that one of you intrepid individuals has gone to this effort and is silently using such a product in your workflow.

Do we know of any users of BLIS who have managed to create a Windows DLL?

Thanks,
Field

Isuru Fernando

Sep 5, 2018, 10:48:50 PM9/5/18
to blis-discuss

If you could update the file at https://github.com/flame/blis/blob/master/windows/build/libblis-symbols.def with the latest symbols and also add the blas and cblas ones, I can add support for creating a DLL.

Isuru

Field G. Van Zee

Sep 6, 2018, 1:08:08 PM9/6/18
to blis-d...@googlegroups.com
Isuru,

Thanks for volunteering on this.

Can you remind me of the purpose of the symbols list in the context of
building a DLL? Is this the list of all symbols that are made public
(exported), or must it be a complete list of symbols, even those only
for internal use?

Field

Isuru Fernando

Sep 8, 2018, 2:22:00 AM9/8/18
to fi...@cs.utexas.edu, blis-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's the list of all symbols that are exported. I fixed it in https://github.com/flame/blis/pull/246

Here's a tarball of the artifacts, (built with x86_64 configuration using MSVC 2015) which includes libblis.1.dll.

Isuru

Field G. Van Zee

Sep 8, 2018, 5:48:40 PM9/8/18
to blis-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Isuru for all your work on this.

Robert: Even though we've not yet merged the pull request, this is ready
to try out via Isuru's links below.

It would be really good if your contact in industry could try it out.

Field