2023 James H. Wilkinson Prize for Numerical Software

Field Van Zee

Oct 31, 2022, 1:24:01 PM10/31/22
to blis-devel
Dear friends of BLIS,

I am thrilled to share some exciting news. 🚨 📰

As developers of BLIS, Devin Matthews and I were chosen to receive the 2023 James H. Wilkinson Prize for Numerical Software. 🤯

We are both honored and humbled by the SIAM Selection Committee's decision to recognize BLIS as this quadrennium's highest example of outstanding numerical software [1].

I also want to emphasize that while Devin and I are the named recipients of the prize, we are not the sole authors; BLIS has benefited from many people's insights, innovations, and contributions over its plucky 10 years of existence. If you have ever contributed to BLIS, in ways large or small, a part of this prize belongs to you. And thanks in part to your contribution, BLIS is now award-winning software, which makes you a contributor to award-winning software. Congratulations. 🏆

On behalf of Devin and I, this community has our sincerest gratitude for helping elevate BLIS to the thriving, innovative ecosystem it has become today. Thank you. ❤️

Field

PS: If you haven't already, now is a great time to join our Discord server! There, you can chat with BLIS's developers, ask about new features, connect with others in the community, or just listen/lurk. A permanent invite link (along with optional step-by-step instructions) may be accessed via [2].

Sameer Agarwal

Nov 1, 2022, 10:14:59 AM11/1/22
to Field Van Zee, blis-devel
Congratulations Field and Devin and the whole BLIS team!
Sameer

Marat Dukhan

Nov 1, 2022, 10:35:21 AM11/1/22
to Field Van Zee, blis-devel
Congratulations Field and Devin! Well-deserved recognition of your work!