PLEASE READ THIS if you want to use a non-Gmail address with Google Groups

Field Van Zee

Jun 7, 2019, 1:18:00 PM6/7/19
to blis-devel
Friends of BLIS,

This email is meant to guide you through the process of using a non-Gmail address to send/receive Google Group mailing list messages. Some of you may already know how to do this, but I am composing this message for archival purposes. (Note: I sent out an earlier version of this message in February 2013. Google's web interfaces have changed since then, and so I'm updating the instructions accordingly.)

These instructions are based on the Google interfaces as of June 2019. If Google changes things around (again), these instructions may become invalid.

1. Log in to your Google account.
2. Click on your profile icon in the top-right corner of the page and select "Google Account" in the pop-down display.
3. Click "Personal info" on the left-hand side of the page. Under "Contact info" select the "Email" section.
4. Add your preferred non-Gmail email address under "Alternate emails". When you are done, click the back arrow once to return to the "Email" section, and again to return to the "Personal info" page.
5. Go to your Google Groups homepage (https://groups.google.com/) and click on "My groups" on the left-hand side of the page.
6. Click "Edit" next to your display name for the group in question (e.g. blis-devel). This brings up a modal dialog box.
7. Under "Email used for your membership" select the email address you want to use in your Google Group correspondence, then click "Save".

Hope this helps!

Field