BLIS Retreat 2019

Field Van Zee

Aug 30, 2019, 2:46:40 PM8/30/19
to blis-devel
Dear BLIS community,

(Note: I have cross-posted a version of this message as issue #333 at [1].)

Every year since 2013 we have held an invitation-only workshop here at The University of Texas at Austin that brings together various stakeholders in the BLIS community. This year, the workshop, which we call the BLIS Retreat, will take place September 19-20, 2018 [2].

If you are interested in attending, even if you have not made any direct contributions to BLIS, please contact me at *field* at *cs* dot *utexas* dot *edu* with the subject title "BLIS Retreat invitation". The event often draws about 40-50 people from academia and industry, and this year we want to encourage github contributors in particular to attend so that the developer community is well-represented. Many of you have given us valuable patches, ideas, and feedback, and we would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the future of BLIS and/or the needs of your application or downstream projects. Please check out this year's Retreat website [2] and email me with any questions you might have.

Thanks, and look forward to seeing you at the Retreat!

Field

[2] http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/flame/BLISRetreat2019/

Field Van Zee

Aug 30, 2019, 5:00:33 PM8/30/19
to blis-devel
Sorry for the (a) incorrect year, and (b) bad formatting. The Retreat is occurring in 2019, not in some retrocausal 2018. (No time machinery required.)

And as for the bad formatting, Google Groups has changed their interface to use rich text by default, which seems to insert extra spaces.

Field