Middle-earth Fanfiction Awards

Bonnie L. Sherrell

Dec 19, 2010, 12:22:50 AM12/19/10
to Books for the Blind, books and such, Blind Chit Chat, Blind Horse group, Councils at Rivendell, Science Fiction list
The MEFAs are over, and I was just advised of how well I did this year. I had
twenty-two stories nominated plus one that was co-written with three other
individuals. Of the stories nominated, I received the following honors:

Honorable mention:

>A Choice of Life or Death received an Honorable Mention in Races: Cross-Cultural: Gapfiller
>A Deck of Heroes received an Honorable Mention in Genres: Ficlet: General
>Envy received an Honorable Mention in Genres: Drama: Quenta Silmarillion
>Transformation received an Honorable Mention in Genres: Humor: General
>Fighting Enemies received an Honorable Mention in Genres: Humor: Parody or Black Humor

Third Place:

>Cleansed received Third Place in Races: Other Beings: General
>The New Queen's Bounty received Third Place in Genres: Character Study: Dunedain
>Weapons Forged received Third Place in Genres: Drama: Gapfiller

Second Place:

>Passover and Pilgrimage received Second Place in Times: Post-Ring War and Beyond: Gondor
>Explaining received Second Place in Genres: Drama: Hurt/Comfort
>A Pretense at Civility received Second Place in Genres: Humor: Eriador or Shire

First Place:

>Giants' Game received First Place in Races: Cross-Cultural: Mixed Drabbles
>The Ring- Day Fete received First Place in Times: Post-Ring War and Beyond: Gondor
>Or Perchance, When the Last Little Star received Second Place in Genres: Longer Works: Incomplete

Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased with the results, and honored to receive so
much recognition for my stories. All can be read at the Many Paths to Tread
archive at http://www.lotrgfic.com/ where you can find the stories I've written
by searching under the pen-name Larner. And I was so honored particularly to
receive both first and second place in the category Post-Ring War and Beyond:
Gondor. I don't think I've done such a feat before!
Bonnie L. Sherrell
Teacher at Large

"Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

"Don't go where I can't follow."