Which methods in [Abstract]WikiModel must not / can be overriden to speed up processing?

Johann Petrak

Oct 14, 2015, 8:10:44 AM10/14/15
to Bliki - Java/Eclipse Wikipedia API
I am not sure I understand which of the methods which are implemented in AbstractWikiModel or WikiModel
can be overriden with essentially empty methods to speed up processing if all I want is to find and process
the internal wiki links.

At the moment I create my own MyWikiModel class derived from WikiModel and I only override
appendInternalLink to do what I need. However, I have the suspicion that a lot of time is spent in other
methods, doing things which may be completely irrelevant to what I need.

Would it be possible to significantly speed up processing by overriding some of the inherited methods
by empty / do-nothing methods? Which of those would be safe to override and would give me the
biggest performance improvements?

Many thanks,
  Johann