Does Bleve utilize the forward index or reverse index technique or both?

Rajiv Singh

Feb 9, 2023, 2:13:56 PM2/9/23
to bleve
Does Bleve utilize the forward index or reverse index technique or both?
Message has been deleted

aditi...@couchbase.com

Feb 10, 2023, 10:15:30 AM2/10/23
to bleve
Hi
Bleve uses an inverted index. It uses a structure called the term dictionary which maps a term to documents containing the term. These documents form a list called the posting list(which we encode using bitmaps).

Hope this answers your question, please let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks,
Aditi.

Rajiv Singh

Feb 13, 2023, 1:14:34 PM2/13/23
to bleve

Hi Aditi,

Thank you for explaining the use of the inverted index and bitmap encoding in Bleve.
Can you also let me know where I can find the bitmap encoding code in the Bleve library or where I can find more information about it?

Message has been deleted