Set XB parameter to a selection of objects

Manuele Dompè

Oct 4, 2023, 6:50:34 AM10/4/23
to BlenderFDS discussion
Dear everyone,

I am new with BlenderFDS, I imported a 3d model of a building and I would like to set the bounding box parameter (XB) to a large selection of elements.
The problem is that, even if I select all the elements on the model, I am only  able to set the XB parameter for one element each time.

There is a way to do it to multiple objects at once?

Thanks a lot to everyone that could help.

Manuele.

Emanuele Gissi

Oct 4, 2023, 9:39:57 AM10/4/23
to blend...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I do not understand your question.
Why don't you use voxelization of complex objects?
Did you read the documentation?

Emanuele Gissi

Oct 4, 2023, 9:56:09 AM10/4/23
to blend...@googlegroups.com
Anyway, you can copy the namelist properties of the active Object to all other selected Objects by clicking on the copy button next to the 'Namelist' field. Search it in the Object panel.

Emanuele Gissi

Oct 10, 2023, 8:13:01 AM10/10/23
to blend...@googlegroups.com
Any feedback?
--
"When old people used to wish each other peace, we didn't understand the meaning of this word. Now we really understand." [Natalia Balasynovych, mayor of Vasilkiv, Ukraine 2022]

Manuele Dompé

Oct 10, 2023, 8:57:05 AM10/10/23
to BlenderFDS discussion
Hi Mr Gissi,

Thank you very much for your rapid and precise reply.
As the 3d model was quite normal, I tried with the second suggestion and it worked.

I am new with blender and fds, but very used to 3d bim and cad modelling, and I was trying to help a colleague with the conversion of a ifc model to save time.

I will read more in detail the documentation and try the voxellization with the same model to learn how it work the application.

Thank you again,

Best regards

Manuele