Use of BlenderFDS for Fire Safety Engineering in Italy

Alberto Silingardi

Sep 6, 2023, 8:47:38 AM9/6/23
to BlenderFDS discussion
Dear Emanuele,

Thank you for your amazing contribution to the development of FDS and related applications. It is extraordinary to see how you and your team have produced such useful tools that enable the FDS code to be understood even during design.

I'm an Environmental Engineer, I always have been fascinated by CFDs model and their applications for Design purpose.

Currently, I have an opportunity to expand my skills and join a minor engineering firm that asked me to help them designing exploiting the fire-fighting approach (approccio ingegneristico).

While browsing the net in the most appropriate GitHub dark corners I found your profile and your codes.

Might you please let me know, based on your experience, if I am allowed to use BlenderFDS and QGIS2Fds for design purpose and submit their output for the approval of the Italian Fire Fighting Brigade?

I'm working in the permitting for several clients since years and I know how difficult it is to introduce the use of opensource tools. That's why I'm asking to you.

Thank you again for your hard work. Much appreciated. My sincere congratulations.

kindest regards

Alberto