[BLB2010] General Setup info

Xo

May 14, 2010, 9:31:43 PM5/14/10
to All Things Black and Light
Hello, people!

This is a general email that describes the setup process tomorrow for
Black and Light Ball, for both general volunteers and for artists.
Please construe nothing in particular about your receiving this email:
you may or may not be expected tomorrow.

*If you have not purchased a ticket yet, and no one has explicitly
told you that you are comped please get one.* If you're certain you
should be comped/discounted and I haven't told you that you are,
*email* me immediately.

Setup begins at 9AM. If you have tools, please bring them. BUT,
also, please label everything and keep track of them.

Artists, you are responsible for bringing any extension cords, tools
and so on that you need to install your artwork. There will be
volunteers to help you, but please make sure you bring all hardware.

Also, you are responsible for breaking down your artwork. Again,
there will be volunteers to help you, but you are ultimately
responsible for removing your art from the premises.

We need everything out of the venue by 8AM Sunday morning.

= Practical details =

The Venue: The Times Square Arts Center, and its website is here:
http://timessquareartscenter.com

The address is 669 8th Ave, which is essentially the corner of 8th
Avenue and 42nd Street.

Here it is on Google Maps: http://tinyurl.com/tsacview

It's Times Square, so pretty much every subway goes by there, but
particularly the A, C, E.

There is $30 parking validation. As described on their website "...at
the Impark lot located at 305 West 42nd street. Discount is good for
up to 10 hrs of parking for $30, tax included. Posted rates apply
thereafter. Please ensure claim check is embossed by Times Square Arts
Center employee in order to avoid any service interruptions."

http://timessquareartscenter.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50:impark-parking-lot&catid=38:bottom4blocks

The Party: The party occurs from 6pm to 6am tomorrow, Saturday May
15th.
If you haven't gotten your ticket yet, please, get one! If I have not
*explicitly* said to you that you are comped or that you have a
discount, please do not assume that you do. Again, if you feel you
should be, please contact me immediately!
From 6pm to 9pm is family hour, so there might be little kids running
around. The event is 21+ after 9PM. If that's a problem for you, get
there during family time, a long time before 9.

Thank you so much for volunteering and I look forward to seeing you at
setup!

XO