empty props in another threadgroup

L König

Mar 10, 2023, 4:24:31 AM3/10/23
to BlazeMeter Forum
Hey,

We're trying to test one of our APIs. The test is divided into two thread groups. In the first, auth-tokens are written to the properties (props.put) in a list.
In the second thread group, one of these tokens should be read from the list (props.get) in order to call our API. The list or property in the second thread group can
no longer be read and returns an IndexOutOfBoundsException. Unfortunately, the Blazemeter support couldn't help me.

I am thankful for all help

Dmitri T

Mar 10, 2023, 4:32:23 AM3/10/23
to BlazeMeter Forum
We neither can provide "all" help nor "any help" without seeing your code. Given it doesn't have any errors (check jmeter.log file) passing the properties across Thread Groups should work just fine. Just make sure that your first thread group is really gets executed first, i.e. "Run Thread Groups consecutively" box is checked in Test Plan level.

You can also consider using Inter-Thread Communication Plugin  for passing the data across Thread Groups.

L König

Mar 10, 2023, 9:19:33 AM3/10/23
to BlazeMeter Forum
The shortened jmeter-file is attached and the option "Run Thread Groups consecutively" is already active
API_loadtest.jmx

Dmitri Tikhanski

Mar 10, 2023, 9:36:53 AM3/10/23
to BlazeMeter Forum
From the first glance it should work.

Here is a very minimal testplan demonstrating the concept.

Mar-10-2023 15-32-38.gif

I would recommend checking the values of your sessionId and allSessions variable and property using Debug Sampler and View Results Tree listener combination in the "Create global parameters" Thread Group

Again check jmeter.log file for any suspicious entries.