Concurrent runs of same test

Brian Zuppardi

Dec 11, 2020, 4:47:10 PM12/11/20
to BlazeMeter Forum
I've been using Blazemeter to run performance tests for a few years now, but I'm just getting started with launching tests via the Blazemeter API. I'm using a Github workflow to execute a test as part of our code merging/deployment. Problem is I don't want it to submit this test if one is already running, as I've already tested it's possible to submit a single test more that once and have them run concurrently. Is it possible to restrict a test so that it cannot be run concurrently... either in the test settings or via the submission API? I've looked though the all the settings on the test and through a lot of the API doc and don't see anything specific to this. Thanks!

Javier - BlazeRunner

Dec 14, 2020, 3:35:59 PM12/14/20
to BlazeMeter Forum
Hi Brian,

Depending the plan you have for your account, there's a maximum of Parallel runs. If your account runs more than its limit, your test will fail to launch. and likely an error / failure should be notified in your repo. i.e.: If your account has a max of 10, when the 11th run/test is launched, it will fail your workflow.

You may be able to set this by looking at the API for Start Test and set the fields in the test settings (visible in the result section of the JSON):
"parallelTestsInWorkspace": 1,
"parallelTestsInAccount": 1,

You may se this limit by adding these parameters to your Curl or APII call.

If there are any issues, feel free to reach out to sup...@blazemetter.com

Regards,
Javier