JMETER - HTTP Request - how to handle Client secret contain special character ~ character

Quynh Ly

Feb 19, 2022, 10:05:09 PM2/19/22
to BlazeMeter Forum
My client secret contains a tilda sign ~.
My goal is to use urlencode function for the client secret.  Then, the econded client secret will be used in JSON Extractor and Beanshell Assertion.  I tried this but still get the invalid client secret.  Can you please advise.
Capture.PNG

Dmitri T

Feb 21, 2022, 12:50:34 AM2/21/22
to BlazeMeter Forum
We cannot "advice" you anything because we don't know how exactly this "tilda" needs to be encoded, i.e. which encoding needs to be used

For example JavaScript encodeURIComponent leaves the "tilda" intact and percent encoding translates it to %7E

Quynh Ly

Feb 21, 2022, 8:50:53 AM2/21/22
to BlazeMeter Forum
Good morning Dmitri,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.  I will review the JSR223 Aassertion.  Mean while, we use charset=utf-8.  Is there a temp solution for this?  Thank you!!
Capture.PNG