Problems uploading file to BlazeMeter Shared Folder with REST API

Nick Gover

Oct 16, 2021, 7:09:50 PM10/16/21
to BlazeMeter Forum
Hi,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with uploading/updating files into a shared folder via the REST API.  I can perform all of the other operations around a folder. However, when I try to upload a file to a folder at first it appears to have worked but the resulting file is always 0 bytes in size in BlazeMeter.

Example of request to get signed url:

curl "https://a.blazemeter.com/api/v4/folders/${folderId}/s3/sign?fileName=reporting.yml" \
  -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
  --user "${apiKey}" \

Request to upload a file:
(I've removed a few identifiers from the signed URL)

curl "https://storage.blazemeter.com/blazemeter-gcp/organizations/<org_id>/shared/test_folder/reporting.yml?x-amz-acl=private&x-amz-server-side-encryption=AES256&X-Amz-Content-Sha256=UNSIGNED-PAYLOAD&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=GOOG1EE7F7ZECFQG2AMFT47JPCFCTXTGEW52TQE7AA2Y6DS4SCW37UO4ZSCNI%2F20211016%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20211016T223736Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host%3Bx-amz-acl%3Bx-amz-server-side-encryption&X-Amz-Expires=1200&X-Amz-Signature=<a bunch of numbers>" \
  --verbose \
  -X PUT \
  --data-binary "@reporting.yml"

It looks like it works, initially even saying it sent off 280 out of 280 bytes.

*   Trying 35.221.53.81:443...
* Connected to storage.blazemeter.com (35.221.53.81) port 443 (#0)
* ALPN, offering http/1.1
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
/** see attachment for full output **/
* Connection #0 to host storage.blazemeter.com left intact
➜  resources git:(ng-performance-multi-test) ✗

Screenshot of folder

shared-folder-result.jpg

I don't think it's because it can't find the file or anything, I tested that out and it fails as expected.  Any help you can provide is most welcome.

Thanks!
output.txt

Dmitri T

Oct 17, 2021, 4:22:26 AM10/17/21
to BlazeMeter Forum
It sounds like a BlazeMeter bug, I tried this and got the same behaviour, the file is empty when I download it or use in tests.  I think you need to reach out to BlazeMeter Support and report it so they could fix the underlying issue.

Nick Gover

Oct 18, 2021, 7:54:53 AM10/18/21
to BlazeMeter Forum
Thanks Dmitri,

I'll report and open a ticket with BlazeMeter.

Oleh Koren

Aug 23, 2023, 7:29:52 AM8/23/23
to BlazeMeter Forum
Hi, All

I've faced the same behavior. Every time an uploaded file size is 0 bytes. Did anyone find a workaround on how to upload files to a shared folder?
Also, I have an additional question. Is it possible to create within Shared Folder other folders? I would like to create a logical structure for files.

Thanks in advance!

понеділок, 18 жовтня 2021 р. о 14:54:53 UTC+3 Nick Gover пише: