Deploy app that uses isapi + wsgi under IIS

Ivan Stojanov

Feb 11, 2016, 7:18:07 PM2/11/16
to BlazeLibs
I have web application, that is created with Python Bottle web framework. The application uses isapi + wsgi, the testing of the: http://localhost/isapi-wsgi-test/test works properly and the appinit.py script is well configured. The last step is to configure this app in IIS (I'm using IIS 6). Now I have a problem with the deployment. Which are the steps to configure this app under the IIS?

I was researching a lot in the last (more than a) few day and followed these steps: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6823316/python-on-iis-how. But at the end I always end up with the errors of type:

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Most likely causes:
-The CGI process was shut down or terminated unexpectedly before it finished processing the request.
-The CGI process has a flaw and does not return a complete set of HTTP headers.

Things you can try:
-Check the event logs on the system to see whether the CGI process is shutting down unexpectedly.
-Troubleshoot the CGI application to determine why it is not sending a complete set of HTTP headers.

Can someone help me with the deployment under IIS?

Regards

Randy Syring

Feb 12, 2016, 3:45:16 PM2/12/16
to blaz...@googlegroups.com
I was able to move away from IIS a long time ago.  The best help I can provide right now are the directions here:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ISAPIWSGIHelper

and some of the knowledge archived here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/isapi_wsgi-dev

Randy Syring
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)