1-byte html files?

Paraplegic Racehorse

Jul 20, 2012, 5:45:03 PM7/20/12
to blazeb...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what happened. I upgraded to ubuntu 12.04 and reinstalled blazeblogger from the default repositories. My last run of blaze-make turned all my html files into 1-byte files with content of '0'. Source files appear in the source directories as expected. I haven't the foggiest what might be the cause. Theories?

Jaromir Hradilek

Jul 27, 2012, 12:23:48 PM7/27/12
to blazeb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you very much for your interest in my software. I am sorry to hear
about your problem. I do not have Ubuntu on any of my machines, but I
downloaded the latest available package (blazeblogger_1.2.0-3_all.deb)
from the Ubuntu repository [1], manually extracted the source files and
attempted to reproduce the error, but with no luck. I also checked the
source code and I cannot think of anything that can cause such an error,
at least not without blaze-make complaining in the terminal.

Before I download Ubuntu and install it in a virtual machine, would you
be willing to download the development version of blaze-make and try
running it (perl path/to/blaze-make.pl) to make sure the problem is in
the code itself and not in the Ubuntu package?

Thank you,
Jaromir

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/blazeblogger
[2]
https://gitorious.org/blazeblogger/mainline/blobs/raw/master/src/blaze-make.pl

Paraplegic Racehorse

Jul 27, 2012, 1:21:01 PM7/27/12
to blazeb...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Jaromir Hradilek <jhra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you very much for your interest in my software. I am sorry to hear
> about your problem. I do not have Ubuntu on any of my machines, but I
> downloaded the latest available package (blazeblogger_1.2.0-3_all.deb) from
> the Ubuntu repository [1], manually extracted the source files and attempted
> to reproduce the error, but with no luck. I also checked the source code and
> I cannot think of anything that can cause such an error, at least not
> without blaze-make complaining in the terminal.

Joromir:

I downloaded the latest source and ran in terminal. See the folowing
terminal output.

[code]
charles33@Lanette:~/Public/blog$ perl ~/Downloads/src_blaze-make.pl
Done.
charles33@Lanette:~/Public/blog$ ls -la
total 56
drwxrwxr-x 7 charles33 charles33 4096 Mar 1 11:07 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 charles33 charles33 4096 Jun 21 09:19 ..
drwxrwxr-x 6 charles33 charles33 4096 Jul 20 13:32 2012
drwxrwxr-x 7 charles33 charles33 4096 Jul 20 13:40 .blaze
drwxrwxr-x 3 charles33 charles33 4096 Jan 11 2012 images
-rw-rw-r-- 1 charles33 charles33 1 Jul 27 09:09 index.html
-rw-rw-r-- 1 charles33 charles33 13333 Jul 27 09:09 index.rss
-rw-rw-r-- 1 charles33 charles33 4662 May 29 01:51 resize_me.css
drwxrwxr-x 2 charles33 charles33 4096 Mar 1 11:07 sitewide-subscription-feeds
drwxrwxr-x 6 charles33 charles33 4096 Jul 20 13:32 tags
charles33@Lanette:~/Public/blog$
[/code]

Upon further thought, I remembered that I had an error with the css
file the first time I ran make after my upgrade to find that the
symlink I use to point to my site-wide template was broken. I just
checked the link to my html-theme and found the link broken. Would you
add a small function to produce an error and fallback to the default
theme in such instances?

I will file a bug-report on this.

--
I'm Paraplegic Racehorse.
"Grand Curmudgeon" :: International Discordance of Kilted Apiarists, Local #994.