Unable to pass option(s) to the external processor (rst2html)

Andrei Popescu

Mar 3, 2010, 2:21:31 PM3/3/10
to blazeblogger
Hello,

I'm trying to use BlazeBlogger together with rst2html as I don't want
to write html directly. Setting

processor=rst2html %in% %out%

works as expected, but I also want to pass more options. I tried
something like this:

processor=rst2html --config=/home/amp/lucru/nvs/blazeblogger/.blaze/
rst/rst2html.conf %in% %out%

but the generated output is as if the --config option is not passed,
while:

rst2html --config .blaze/rst/rst2html.conf .blaze/posts/raw/1
test.html

produces the expected html. rst2html even ignores global configuration
files like ~/.docutils and /etc/docutils.conf which work if called
directly.

It would also be nice to know (document it in the comments) in which
directory the processor is run so I can use relative path(s) or just
drop a docutils.conf in there. This would make it a lot easier for me
to just scp the entire directory to the vps without having to adjust
configs.

Regards,
Andrei

Andrei Popescu

Mar 3, 2010, 4:17:16 PM3/3/10
to blazeblogger
On Mar 3, 9:21 pm, Andrei Popescu <andreimpope...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip passing options to the processor]

I figured it out. blaze-make doesn't re-process the "source", only
editing
the psot will. This is a bit counter-intuitive though :-/

> It would also be nice to know (document it in the comments) in which
> directory the processor is run so I can use relative path(s) or just
> drop a docutils.conf in there. This would make it a lot easier for me
> to just scp the entire directory to the vps without having to adjust
> configs.

It's the main directory (found out by trial and error). Since I don't
want
a docutils.conf lying around there I will put it in .blaze. Would
running the
processor in the .blaze directory make sense?

Regards,
Andrei