Re: Changing the generic "About" text in the vectorlover sidebar

aw...@cloistral.net

Aug 1, 2011, 2:03:00 PM8/1/11
to blazeblogger
I have solved this problem by editing the vectorlover template file.

Jul 29, 2011, 9:59:14 PM7/29/11
to blazeblogger

Jaromir Hradilek

Aug 4, 2011, 6:56:07 AM8/4/11
to blazeblogger
Hi Andrew,

First of all, thank you very much for your interest in my software.
Your solution is correct: at the moment, BlazeBlogger does not provide
a configuration option for the "About" information, as I believe it is
more flexible this way. You are of course right that this should be
mentioned in the documentation, I will fix that.

Cheers,
Jaromir

On Aug 1, 8:03 pm, aw...@cloistral.net wrote:
>  I have solved this problem by editing the vectorlover template file.

Andrew Donovan-Shead

Aug 4, 2011, 8:46:43 AM8/4/11
to blazeb...@googlegroups.com
Jaromir,

Thanks for your reply. I really like the elegant simplicity of
BlazeBlogger. Obviously, to achieve this there is significant
programming effort by you to make it so.

Dimitri Popov's review of your software in Ubuntu User Magazine is what
brought BlazeBlogger to my attention. I thought his procedures a
security risk and chose to use BlazeBlogger more as intended by you. I
created a restricted user account in which to use BlazeBlogger and
redirected the web-server to the unencrypted home directory in which I
had executed blaze-init. Now I can access and update the blog from
anywhere in a reasonably secure manner.

In using BlazeBlogger, I have found that nano is a necessity when
updating the blog using a 3G mobile phone as a MODEM. The ssh
X-forwarding overhead is too heavy, even when mediated and compressed by
XPRA.

I have noticed too that when adding a page, the page template does not
include text for Author, which causes blaze-make to complain. I added
Author information, but the next blaze-edit removed the information
presenting the page for edit minus the Author text.

One last thing, I looked for a way to make a small monetary contribution
to your software efforts, but didn't see any links to PayPal on your
web-site.

Regards,
Andrew.