Asciidoctor support for BlazeBlogger

Štefan Miklošovič

Jun 15, 2013, 11:06:37 AM6/15/13
to blazeb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I *love* BlazeBlogger, I started to write my own blog just couple of days ago (1). I love Asciidoctor as well. It is markdown on steroids. I do not want to write pure HTML after blaze-edit / blaze-add. I would like to write in asciidoctor syntax and then (since asciidoctor compiles *.asciidoc file into standalone html) BlazeBlogger swallow this output. My workaround is I am writing in asciidoctor, then I compile file which produces pure html and then I copy over this output into blaze-edit at the end when I am satisfied with the blog. So I am using $EDITOR after blaze-edit / blaze-add just for copying the produced html file by asciidoctor which is very tiresome and uncomfortable.

Asciidoctor is written in ruby, it could be some shell command which processes this. Perl could strip the output so only fragment of html page is taken. We can not embed whole html since it would destroy blog layout.

dredm...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2015, 8:14:05 PM3/28/15
to blazeb...@googlegroups.com
Note that you can use any processor you want using the "processor" configuration option.  I've substituted pandoc for the default, largely for its enhances markdown support, including of tables.  Pandoc will also translate to but not from Asciidoc.  Any translate utility which will read from %in% and write to %out% should work.

Specifying an asciidoc translator should solve your need.