blazeblogger questions and suggestions

Dmitry Korzhevin

Jul 21, 2010, 4:26:48 AM7/21/10
to blazeblogger
Hello,

I have some questions:

1 Can blazeblogger auto-upload files to ftp (can be configured in
config file) like in nanoblogger? If not - will be working in this
direction?

2. Does blazeblogger ability to use html-formatted text, for example
auto-processing of a new paragraph, an empty string.

Jaromir Hradilek

Jul 21, 2010, 5:24:04 AM7/21/10
to blazeblogger
Hi Dmitry,

and many thanks for your suggestions!

> 1 Can blazeblogger auto-upload files to ftp (can be configured in
> config file) like in nanoblogger? If not - will be working in this
> direction?

Unfortunately, not at the moment, or at least not officially. There is
an attempt to write a script like this as a part of blazeblogger-
extras [1], but it has been abandoned by its author and left in quite
incomplete state. I know the Git repository has been cloned [2] by
someone else recently, but no changes were committed so far. Note that
in the latest development version of BlazeBlogger, blaze-submit
configuration options are no longer supported.

I have added this request [3] to the issue tracker, so that you can
see the progress. If anyone is willing to implement it or edit the
existing tool, please let me know, as I can give you some advices.

> 2. Does blazeblogger ability to use html-formatted text, for example
> auto-processing of a new paragraph, an empty string.

Since version 1.0.0, BlazeBlogger allows you to specify an external
application to be used to process the input before it is added to the
repository. This is typically used to write blog posts in Markdown,
text2tags, or any other lightweight markup language of your choice.
See ‘core.processor’ configuration option in the documentation.

Kind regards,
Jaromir Hradilek

Links:
[1] https://www.ohloh.net/p/blazeblogger-extras
[2] http://gitorious.org/~h-s/blazeblogger/h-blaze-extras
[3] http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/detail?id=22

Dmitry Korzhevin

Jul 21, 2010, 10:56:46 AM7/21/10
to blazeblogger
Please tell me - how can i use something like "read more" feauture in
blazeblogger for long posts?

Jaromir Hradilek

Jul 21, 2010, 11:13:54 AM7/21/10
to blazeblogger
> Please tell me - how can i use something like "read more" feauture in
> blazeblogger for long posts?

Simply type ‘<!-- break -->’ on a single line. It will be replaced by
the ‘Read more...’ link, and everything below this line won't be
displayed on the index page.