Sort results by most recent update

D Ho

Oct 9, 2023, 10:54:45 PM10/9/23
to Quicksilver
I took a break from QS after more than a decade to finally really try Alfred. It's polished from a UI perspective, but still wanting in terms of actual search predictability. In short, I don't love it.

So I spun QS up again and found the results list only gives me sort by name or score.
Where did sort by updated go (whatever it was called)?
Am I forgetting something obvious?

qs-results-sort.png

Rob McBroom

Oct 15, 2023, 2:46:50 PM10/15/23
to Quicksilver
That was never an option in Quicksilver. I attempted adding it a few years ago, but it just didn’t make sense since so many of the items on the catalog (bookmarks, web searches, contacts, audio devices, tags, preference panes) don’t have a date associated with them.

--
Rob McBroom

D Ho

Oct 19, 2023, 3:51:13 PM10/19/23
to Quicksilver
Maybe I'm not describing it correctly …

I want my normal QS results to sort by score, but when I drill into a directory I want to see things by latest modified. That definitely was part of QS, but maybe it's been a while. I think I started using QS 13 years ago so my memory gets muddled 😁

Rob McBroom

Oct 27, 2023, 12:25:39 PM10/27/23
to Quicksilver
On 19 Oct 2023, at 15:51, D Ho wrote:

> Maybe I'm not describing it correctly …
>
> I want my normal QS results to sort by score, but when I drill into a
> directory I want to see things by latest modified. That definitely was part
> of QS, but maybe it's been a while. I think I started using QS 13 years ago
> so my memory gets muddled 😁

You must be thinking of another app, sorry. The QS code literally doesn’t even read the dates on files when scanning them.

Here was my attempt to add this about 7 years ago… https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver/pull/2236

--
Rob McBroom

D Ho

Oct 27, 2023, 12:35:34 PM10/27/23
to Quicksilver
That's a big bummer. I could have sworn I had that long ago. I guess I've been using Alfred just long enough now to get the two mixed up.

For my purposes, that is literally the only thing Alfred has over QS. I find the rest of the experience very disappointing.