No drawers are shown, just a small line

hcb

Mar 1, 2021, 6:50:13 AM3/1/21
to Quicksilver
Hi!

I have a problem with my Quicksilver, now drawers are shown, just a thin small line.
Wherever I click. F. e. if I'm looking for "text", 104 available items are written, a thin line opens (should be the drawer), but I can not see the content. 73 Actions are written, if I click on it, a thin line opens but I can not see the content.

Do you have any tips?

Thank you
hcb

Rob McBroom

Mar 4, 2021, 8:12:11 AM3/4/21
to Quicksilver
On 1 Mar 2021, at 3:05, hcb wrote:

> I have a problem with my Quicksilver, now drawers are shown, just a
> thin
> small line.
> Wherever I click. F. e. if I'm looking for "text", 104 available items
> are
> written, a thin line opens (should be the drawer), but I can not see
> the
> content. 73 Actions are written, if I click on it, a thin line opens
> but I
> can not see the content.

Are you talking about the results window? If so, you could try grabbing
it by the bottom right corner and expanding it, or go to Preferences →
General → Command and check that the Results Row Height is set to
something reasonable.

--
Rob McBroom

hcb

Mar 4, 2021, 12:22:59 PM3/4/21
to Quicksilver
Hi!

Thank you very much for your reply. I have changed it from "34" to the max of 50.
Doesn't work. The "Drawer" I mean is the thin blue line next to the Quicksilver window.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-04 um 18.19.20.png

Rob McBroom

Mar 5, 2021, 8:37:58 AM3/5/21
to Quicksilver

On 4 Mar 2021, at 12:22, hcb wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply. I have changed it from "34" to the max
of 50.
Doesn't work. The "Drawer" I mean is the thin blue line next to the
Quicksilver window.

Try this:

  1. Quit Quicksilver
  2. Run defaults delete com.blacktree.Quicksilver 'NSWindow Frame QSResultWindow' in Terminal
  3. Start Quicksilver

That will set the results window back to its default size. From there, you can resize it to what you like.

--
Rob McBroom

hcb

Mar 5, 2021, 3:13:46 PM3/5/21
to Quicksilver
Hi Rob,

I tried it as user and as sudo su -

loc:~ root# defaults delete com.blacktree.Quicksilver 'NSWindow Frame QSResultWindow'
2021-03-05 21:03:33.580 defaults[9768:508258]
Domain (com.blacktree.Quicksilver) not found.
Defaults have not been changed.

locate blacktree finds nothing (it's db is from today)

It is a really, really old installation. Updated since 0.x... and moved via user migration through
several macbooks. Maybe I should deinstall and reinstall? I can remember that I needed several
hours to get my "Shelf" and my "Clipboard History" running. Would that be the same hard way to
get them running like in 200x?

Regards and thank you very much for the time you spend helping me (and others)!
hcb

Rob McBroom

Mar 8, 2021, 8:24:18 AM3/8/21
to Quicksilver

On 5 Mar 2021, at 15:13, hcb wrote:

I tried it as user and as sudo su -

FYI, when you run sudo, you’re already root. No need to run su too. If you want a shell, just run sudo -i.

loc:~ root# defaults delete com.blacktree.Quicksilver 'NSWindow Frame
QSResultWindow'
2021-03-05 21:03:33.580 defaults[9768:508258]
Domain (com.blacktree.Quicksilver) not found.
Defaults have not been changed.
locate blacktree finds nothing (it's db is from today)

You’ll need to run it as your user, not root. All that command is doing is making changes to ~/Library/Preferences/com.blacktree.Quicksilver.plist (which is in your home directory and owned by you).

--
Rob McBroom

hcb

Mar 12, 2021, 2:26:10 PM3/12/21