Trouble Launching

john larson

Oct 27, 2023, 12:17:04 PM10/27/23
to Quicksilver
I'm having trouble successfully launching Quicksilver.  It sorta launches but appears to then hang.

I get the "Welcome to Quicksilver" view but the Continue button is unresponsive.  If I click anywhere else in that view, the view disappears.  And the app is unresponsive, even attempting to quit it fails.  I also tried using my previous Mac's preference and it doesn't appear to read that preference file as the app icon appears in the dock rather in the menu bar.  Since it's unresponsive, I have to manually kill it.

I tried on MacOS 14.0 and 14.1 and several versions of Quicksilver, 2.41, 2.4.0, 2.3.0, 2.0.2, and 2.0.0 and each gives me the same result.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Rob McBroom

Oct 28, 2023, 10:52:55 AM10/28/23
to Quicksilver

Not sure if this is the positioning bug on Sonoma or not, but in any case, try running

defaults write com.blacktree.Quicksilver 'Use Effects' 0

In Terminal before launching Quicksilver and see if that helps.

--
Rob McBroom

gav duncan

Oct 29, 2023, 1:34:50 PM10/29/23
to Quicksilver
Genius! It worked! A million thanks!

Gav

john larson

Oct 31, 2023, 3:09:01 PM10/31/23
to Quicksilver
Thanks, that was it exactly.  Looks like that preference data type went from a bool to a string.