Typing output of a trigger

Mathieu Daëron

Sep 2, 2022, 3:07:19 AM9/2/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I'm a long-time Quicksilver user but I never used triggers before. I'd like to create a trigger to type the output of a shell command, e.g.:

date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"

I installed the Terminal plugin, defined a trigger with the command above as input, and with the action "Run command in shell". This very quickly returns the time stamp in Quicksilver itself, but I would like the trigger to directly type that output as text without activating the "Type" action.

Is that impossible or am I missing something? I didn't find anything relevant in the documentation.

Thanks for Quicksilver, by the way.

- Mathieu

Rob McBroom

Sep 15, 2022, 11:23:56 AM9/15/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com

To do it in one step, I’d just create an AppleScript that types the date and use QS to run it. If you put it in ~/Library/Scripts, it will get added to the catalog automatically.

--
Rob McBroom