"''Quicksilver' can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software" Error

Tracy

Nov 22, 2021, 11:02:37 PM11/22/21
to Quicksilver

“Quicksilver” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software error.

I just downloaded Quicksilver today on my 2020 Macbook Air Monterey 12.0.1 and when I click the app I get an error that reads "'Quicksilver' can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Tim Lawson

Nov 23, 2021, 2:44:14 AM11/23/21
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Right click on the app in your Applications folder and choose ‘Open’ from the resultant menu. This is a once-only exercise. The application will open normally thereafter.