Shelf cutoff on screen

ihf

Nov 23, 2023, 10:23:50 AM11/23/23
to Quicksilver
When I bring up the Shelf on my 14" Macbook, it appears in the upper left corner and the top of it (several items) are off-screen. If I connect the MBP to an external monitor this does not happen. How can I move the Shelf window to a different position?

Nathan Henrie

Nov 23, 2023, 12:29:42 PM11/23/23
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Try disabling superfluous effects in settings -> appearance

Nate

On Nov 23, 2023, at 8:23 AM, ihf <iraf...@gmail.com> wrote:

When I bring up the Shelf on my 14" Macbook, it appears in the upper left corner and the top of it (several items) are off-screen. If I connect the MBP to an external monitor this does not happen. How can I move the Shelf window to a different position?

ihf

Nov 24, 2023, 7:39:55 AM11/24/23
to Quicksilver
Thanks but that did not help.

Nathan Henrie

Nov 24, 2023, 10:02:35 AM11/24/23
to Nathan Henrie
Bummer. I'm assuming you restarted after making that change?

This sounds like the bug for which I've been banging my head against the wall: https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver/issues/2962 -- QS was using some of Apple's private APIs which seems to have changed, so it's basically a black box figuring out what changed and why. Or at least that's my current working theory!

Nate