Quicksilver app won't open in Catalina 10.15.7

Karen Bledsoe

Oct 11, 2020, 11:40:21 AM10/11/20
to Quicksilver
Just that. I only recently upgraded to Catalina, knowing that my beloved DragThing launcher would no longer work. I downloaded Quicksilver as a replacement, but all I get is an error message reading, "“Quicksilver” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

So... what next?

Rob McBroom

Oct 11, 2020, 2:24:42 PM10/11/20
to Quicksilver
On 10 Oct 2020, at 21:44, Karen Bledsoe wrote:

> Just that. I only recently upgraded to Catalina, knowing that my
> beloved
> DragThing launcher would no longer work. I downloaded Quicksilver as a
> replacement, but all I get is an error message reading,
> "*“Quicksilver”
> can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious
> software. This
> software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more
> information."*
>
> So... what next?

It’s a known problem. See this issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver/issues/2532

--
Rob McBroom