Left Shift for English, Right Shift for Ukrainian - how to?

Anton

Aug 23, 2023, 11:05:26 PM8/23/23
to Quicksilver
Is there a way to have only one key switch to a particular language?

I.e. what I am used to with Punto Switcher keyboard switcher is:

Left Shift - English
Right Shift - Ukrainian

But a keyboard switcher with text recognition and patterns learning is an overkill. I am already using Quicksilver, and would like to configure it to switch between the two languages on a single key press - each language having its particular key.

Is it possible with Quicksilver?

Thanks,
Anton

Patríck Robertson

Aug 24, 2023, 9:35:31 PM8/24/23
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Unfortunately Quicksilver doesn't support single modifier key triggers at this time, so this isn't possible. The closest you could get is left shift + a nearby character key, and right shift+ a nearby character key. But understand that may not be ideal

Rob McBroom

Sep 3, 2023, 1:33:28 PM9/3/23
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
On 24 Aug 2023, at 21:35, Patríck Robertson wrote:

> Unfortunately Quicksilver doesn't support single modifier key triggers at
> this time, so this isn't possible. The closest you could get is left shift
> + a nearby character key, and right shift+ a nearby character key. But
> understand that may not be ideal

If you want to hit a single key, function keys might be an option depending on which keyboard you have.

--
Rob McBroom