QS verisons and mnemonic plist

Fritz Lang

Mar 14, 2021, 6:14:30 PMMar 14
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I have QS 1.6.1 running on my MBA running High Sierra.
QS 1.5.9 is also on my MacPro3,1 running Mavericks.
I’d like the same mnemonics on both.
I copy/paste the mnemonics from the MBA to the MacPro Application Support folder and restart.
But the mnemonics don’t change.
Can this be done or  …?

Are we there yet??!?!?!

Rob McBroom

Mar 15, 2021, 8:04:18 AMMar 15
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
The format of the file hasn’t changed, so this should work. It gets
updated pretty frequently, though. My guess is that the file is
overwritten (maybe more than once) faster than you can restart.

Try quitting QS before you replace the file, then start it up.

--
Rob McBroom

metropical

Mar 15, 2021, 10:52:54 PMMar 15
to Quicksilver
tried that.  Nope.  Weird.

metropical

Mar 15, 2021, 11:03:23 PMMar 15
to Quicksilver
seems like Safari bookmarks are the biggest fail.  Both versions of QS have the same version of the Safari plug, 2.4.2.

Rob McBroom

Mar 16, 2021, 8:40:05 AMMar 16
to Quicksilver
On 15 Mar 2021, at 23:03, metropical wrote:

> seems like Safari bookmarks are the biggest fail. Both versions of QS
> have
> the same version of the Safari plug, 2.4.2.

Are the bookmarks in the catalog and just not searchable by what you
expect, or are they missing from the catalog?

--
Rob McBroom

metropical

Mar 16, 2021, 4:05:39 PMMar 16
to Quicksilver
missing from catalog but available in mnemonics.

Rob McBroom

Mar 17, 2021, 6:44:20 AMMar 17
to Quicksilver
On 16 Mar 2021, at 16:05, metropical wrote:

> missing from catalog but available in mnemonics.

Oh, then it has nothing to do with replacing the Mnemonics.plist. Make
sure QS has Full Disk Access.

https://qsapp.com/manual/FAQ/#catalog-entries-are-missing-on-mojave-or-later

--
Rob McBroom

metropical

Mar 17, 2021, 5:20:03 PMMar 17
to Quicksilver
not on the Mavericks MacPro3,1.
Sys Prefs, Safari nor QS have a setting like that.