Bug fixes to latest - svn/branches/B5X B56a7 (3825)

42 lượt xem
Chuyển tới thư đầu tiên chưa đọc

Paul Kohut

chưa đọc,
13:18:58 30 thg 10, 200930/10/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
I've compiled the latest available source and fixed it so the
"Services Menu Module"
can be downloaded and installed to B56a7 (at least on 10.5.8 and
10.6.1).
As far as I can tell it is working fine, like ...
put some text in first pane, type "look" in second pane, press
enter dictionary definition appears.
put URL in first pane, type "shrink" in second pane, and get back
a TinyUrl.
... however, I'm very new to QS and don't know how it is suppose to
"work".

What is the procedure for submitting these fixes back to the
Quicksilver project?

Also, there appears to be a newer version of the Services Menu plugin
located at
http://blacktree-elements-public.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Services/
Although it compiles and installs (without crashing) on B56a7, it
doesn't work.
So I fixed this one also, and would like to submit those changes back
too.

TIA, Paul

Eris

chưa đọc,
15:26:03 30 thg 10, 200930/10/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
Wow, sounds great. I'm not sure how useful the services menu plugin
would be to me on Snow Leopard, but I know a lot of people miss it and
will be glad to have it back, so on behalf of everybody else, thank
you.

Have you tried contacting Etienne directly about commit rights? He
seems to be the one in charge, although I haven't seen him around
recently.

On Oct 30, 1:18 pm, Paul Kohut <pkoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've compiled the latest available source and fixed it so the
> "Services Menu Module"
> can be downloaded and installed to B56a7 (at least on 10.5.8 and
> 10.6.1).
> As far as I can tell it is working fine, like ...
>     put some text in first pane, type "look" in second pane, press
> enter dictionary definition appears.
>     put URL in first pane, type "shrink" in second pane, and get back
> a TinyUrl.
> ... however, I'm very new to QS and don't know how it is suppose to
> "work".
>
> What is the procedure for submitting these fixes back to the
> Quicksilver project?
>
> Also, there appears to be a newer version of the Services Menu plugin
> located athttp://blacktree-elements-public.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Services/

Paul Kohut

chưa đọc,
21:35:23 30 thg 10, 200930/10/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
Thanks. I'll fire off an email.

JiveMasterT

chưa đọc,
01:47:55 1 thg 11, 20091/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
Can you describe what you did to build a working copy of QS? I've
compiled the app from source several times but it either doesn't work
at all, or it doesn't launch applications when I finally do get it to
work.

nontoppo

chưa đọc,
07:17:07 1 thg 11, 20091/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
Thank you Paul for your contribution! Look forward to seeing it rolled
in to the source tree...

Paul Kohut

chưa đọc,
04:18:23 2 thg 11, 20092/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
I've posted the patch to -
http://code.google.com/p/blacktree-quicksilver/issues/detail?id=126
The patch will allow you to download and install the SMM plugin
just like in the B54 days.

And here a patch to fix the SMM source code available at
http://code.google.com/p/blacktree-elements-public/issues/detail?id=1.
This is not needed if you download your plugin from within QS.

Paul Kohut

chưa đọc,
04:48:41 2 thg 11, 20092/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
After downloading the source code the only changes made was
to update the Configuration/Developer.xcconfig file, so that
QS_SOURCE_ROOT = ~/Documents/XCodeProjects/Quicksilver/B5X/Quicksilver
(Change the directory to reflect your directory structure)

In XCode->Preferences->Source Trees add an entry
for Settings Name = QSFrameworks and Path = /Applications/
Quicksilver.app/
Contents/Frameworks/
(Actually, just checked and QSFrameworks is not referenced anywhere
for
the B56a7 (3825) projects. Deleted it and did a clean rebuild
worked ;-) )

Without seeing a build report I couldn't tell you why it may or may
not be
compiling. With the settings above the release I386 build compiles
with
76 warnings and 0 errors (compiled from Xcode 3.1.4 on 10.5.8, I386).

andreb

chưa đọc,
08:38:27 2 thg 11, 20092/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
Thanks again for the patch Paul.

Yeah the QSFrameworks dependency seems stale... oh well, I am keeping
it around for now.

@JiveMasterT

I have described the steps needed to setup Xcode for building QS on my
github page:

http://github.com/andreberg/Quicksilver-B5X

HTH

André

Paul Kohut

chưa đọc,
09:55:20 2 thg 11, 20092/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
Site looks good André. How often do you plan to release new binaries?

elspub

chưa đọc,
10:17:52 2 thg 11, 20092/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
We patch the source ourselves? Or downlad the plugin from the
preference pane?

Patrick

chưa đọc,
10:43:40 2 thg 11, 20092/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
If you want any changes committing to the repository, let me know and
I can commit them.

I don't have the power to add people to the group, it's just jnj that
can do that.

I asked jnj to add me to the elements-public group but he never got
back to me. I'd suggest getting in touch with Etienne if we want
something committing to that repository.

Paul Kohut

chưa đọc,
11:00:50 2 thg 11, 20092/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
Thanks Patrick. I'll 'cc you for any future updates.

Etienne Samson

chưa đọc,
11:02:11 2 thg 11, 20092/11/09
đến blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I just sent a email to Andreb regarding commit access : I would prefer
switching to git and GitHub, since it would relieve me from manually
managing commiters, and allow me to see what others people are
currently up to. I'll try to keep the Google Code Subversion up to
date for the foreseeable future.

Thus, I created the following repositories, which mirrors the ones we
have on Google Code :
http://github.com/tiennou/blacktree-alchemy
http://github.com/tiennou/blacktree-elements

Feel free to send pull requests my way ;-).

@Paul : I'm likely to integrate both patches to QS this week, unless
you happen to fork and "recreate" (in the sense of applying your
changes) quickly enough ;-). Thanks for the fix !

Etienne

elspub

chưa đọc,
13:07:53 6 thg 11, 20096/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
the current binary on the github seems to fix a lot of the snow
leopard glitches, and is faster too.

Thanks andreb, paul, etienne, and whoever else is active in keeper QS
alive and kicking...

Tim

chưa đọc,
13:21:28 6 thg 11, 20096/11/09
đến blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Can someone please let me have the url for the binaries - I'm going to
take the plunge and give this a shot, having downloaded xcode etc.
I'm presuming that's the first prerequisite for doing so...?

Any other hints / tips for building would be very gratefully received
since I'm new to this sort of thing.

TIA
Tim.

elspub

chưa đọc,
15:15:33 6 thg 11, 20096/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
It's at the github that andreb posted about (comment #6) the download
link is this: http://github.com/andreberg/Quicksilver-B5X/downloads

Patrick

chưa đọc,
16:27:54 6 thg 11, 20096/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
Woops!

I've been updating the QS code like a fool!

I'll look over at the github repository :D

andreb

chưa đọc,
17:46:41 7 thg 11, 20097/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
If you just want to try the GitHub version out there's no need to
install Xcode just for this.
As elspub says I have also posted a downloadable binary.

I am currently working on integrating my GitHub repo with the soon-to-
be official GitHub repo Etienne set up.
As our commit SHAs differ I will need to go through each on and lay on
hand on the stuff that doesn't merge cleanly
(which is almost all commits since I haven't really added much - just
changes).

I should probably mention this fact on my repo's tagline before we see
forks from my one - which really isn't good at this point in time.

And, yeah, it feels good to see someone reporting improvements. :)

Etienne brought me onto really using Git. It's such an improvement
using it and GitHub for collaboration.
I think Quicksilver and the way multiple devs working over the net is
the perfect type of project for Git and GitHub.

Another thing I am really enjoying is LLVM/Clang.
Apple and their contributors have done such an amazing with this new
compiler it almost feels unreal.

André

Paul Kohut

chưa đọc,
20:30:25 7 thg 11, 20097/11/09
đến Blacktree: Quicksilver
Have you gotten a clean compile with LLVM/Clang? I just tried and get
about a hundred compiler errors. Most of the errors occur on some bad
programming practices, so a little refactoring will fix them right
up.

Tim

chưa đọc,
16:32:32 8 thg 11, 20098/11/09
đến blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
André -

This build is working great for me on SL - very many thanks to you.
One thing I've noticed, just FYI, is that the 'light' under the dock
icon doesn't appear even when QS is running...

Etienne Samson

chưa đọc,
05:15:05 9 thg 11, 20099/11/09
đến blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Hi André !

I have some good news for you. I already did the conversion (moved
your commits on top of my branch), so if it's good for you, I can pull
all your changes to blacktree-alchemy, then you'll just have to fork.

I also looked a little at the state of the Airport Module, and the
situation is dire. We're using Private APIs for this, and there were
heavily changed on SL (Look up Apple80211.h), and now the one we have
now returns an error, and the Airport Module just call exit() if it
fails...

Etienne

Rob McBroom

chưa đọc,
10:47:40 9 thg 11, 20099/11/09
On Nov 7, 2009, at 5:46 PM, andreb wrote:

> If you just want to try the GitHub version out there's no need to
> install Xcode just for this.
> As elspub says I have also posted a downloadable binary.

Thanks to you (and everyone else) for the work. It's nice to see some
progress. What's the preferred way to report issues with this release?
Doesn't seem appropriate to report them on Google code, since they
don't apply to the code that's there. Thanks.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Because it screws up the order in which people normally read text.