Quicksilvermenu bar icon goes blank in Sonoma

David Nicholls

Jan 19, 2024, 9:19:15 PMJan 19
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I finally upgraded to MacOS Sonoma yesterday and found that the menu bar icon for QS had disappeared. There's a blank where the icon was, but clicking the blank opens QS.

Happens in both light and dark schemes.

After the Sonoma upgrade, QS exhibited some odd widow behaviour, so I reinstalled it from the latest version download. This fixed the window behavior but the menu bar icon is still missing.

Showing QS in the Dock bar works as expected.

Any suggestions on how to bring it back?

David Nicholls

David Nicholls

Jan 19, 2024, 9:35:45 PMJan 19
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
One further thing: If I quit QS then relaunch it, the menu bar icon appears correctly. But after a restart, it has gone again.

David Nicholls

Marcus Müller

May 23, 2024, 3:48:35 AMMay 23
to Quicksilver
Thanks for posting this! I ran into the same issue, but want to add that activation via shortcut also doesn't work unless you explicitly restart Quicksilver.