Monterey REALLY slow -

Zippy Do Da

Nov 26, 2023, 2:59:18 PM11/26/23
to Quicksilver
I have been using QS for years, the most recent updates do not save me any time or help me app-switch from the keyboard.  It is now slow and the list of applications/catalog doesn't seem to be sorted by the apps I use.  Is there a classic mode so it works like it used to:  FAST and sorted ?    I have uninstalled it and am using Spotlight for now.  It works equally as good, if not better, than the current generation of QS.

Mihai

Feb 7, 2024, 3:26:43 PMFeb 7
to Quicksilver
If you have an apple silicon processor, make sure you are using version compiled for apple silicon, not the intel version of quicksilver. How to check which one you use? Go to Activity Monitor, under CPU find Quicksilver in the list and in the Kind column it should say Apple, not Intel.

Results are sorted either by Score or by Name. Maybe you have selected Name. Select Score to sort by how often you use those apps. How to check which sort you use? In the Result List window, upper right hand corner, there's a settings dropdown - it allows you to select sorting by Name or Score.

I'm on Monterey, Quicksilver works as it used to for me.

Nathan Henrie

Feb 7, 2024, 5:08:19 PMFeb 7
to Nathan Henrie

Quicksilver >=2.0 is a universal binary, meaning it natively supports both intel and arm architectures, so anyone using a recent version shouldn't need to worry about it. Glad to hear the arm support made a difference for you, this was my first contribution to QS, and I'm rather proud of it :)

$ file /Applications/Quicksilver.app/Contents/MacOS/Quicksilver
/Applications/Quicksilver.app/Contents/MacOS/Quicksilver: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [x86_64:\012- Mach-O 64-bit x86_64 executable, flags:<NOUNDEFS|DYLDLINK|TWOLEVEL|PIE>] [\012- arm64:\012- Mach-O 64-bit arm64 executable, flags:<NOUNDEFS|DYLDLINK|TWOLEVEL|PIE>]

Nate