Updated OSX, now Quicksilver appears in the corner

Dan Johnson

Oct 9, 2023, 10:55:11 PM10/9/23
to Quicksilver
Since updating to Sonoma, my Quicksilver pop-up window always appears in the upper-left corner of my screen and all the subsequent menus also default to that area.  It has made Quicksilver almost unusable.  Any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks.

Accordion Noir

Apr 19, 2024, 3:53:58 PMApr 19
to Quicksilver
I came here to say this. It seems functional, but unpleasant.

Nathan Henrie

Apr 19, 2024, 4:17:08 PMApr 19
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Please check the GitHub issue list, there is a workaround for this.

Nate

On Monday, October 9, 2023 at 7:55:11 PM UTC-7 Dan Johnson wrote:
Since updating to Sonoma, my Quicksilver pop-up window always appears in the upper-left corner of my screen and all the subsequent menus also default to that area.  It has made Quicksilver almost unusable.  Any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks.

Daniel

Apr 23, 2024, 12:19:01 AMApr 23
to Quicksilver
Specifically this issue. The primary workaround is disabling "superfluous visual effects" (and most likely restarting QS afterward for the window to actually move).

Mal Function

Apr 23, 2024, 4:03:04 PMApr 23
to 'roaming_bob' via Quicksilver
For the sake of clarity, @accordionnoir, the url is: https://github.com/quicksilver/Quicksilver/issues and I think the topic you want to read is named, “Quicksilver is buggy on macOS 14 (Sonoma)” - currently six items down the list.

Essentially, go into QS settings, then ‘Appearance’ on the left and uncheck the ’Superfluous visual effects’ option and re-launch QS.  Oh, and be sure not to use a fancy interface - I use ‘Bezel (built-in).

Good luck!

Bruce Triggs gmail

Apr 23, 2024, 4:21:02 PMApr 23
to 'Nathan Henrie' via Quicksilver
That worked.

I didn’t get the superfluous “spin up” opening effect. But the window was where it was supposed to be.

Many thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Quicksilver" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blacktree-quicksilver/b3b460d2-d23e-4615-8ebe-129a3a283400n%40googlegroups.com.