can't activate with double ctrl

HJW

Apr 28, 2023, 3:55:03 PM4/28/23
to Quicksilver
I'd like to set quicksilver to activate when I tap ctrl twice.
I think that I used to have this set up but now when I try to double tap ctrl the activation box says ^_ (or rather ctrl space).

I've looked  at my mac keyboard shortcuts to make sure that it isn't assigning anything to double ctrl and it isnt.

Am I missing something here? the manual seems to say that double ctrl's should work as an activation shortcut.

Rob McBroom

May 4, 2023, 10:00:48 AM5/4/23
to Quicksilver

On 27 Apr 2023, at 17:25, HJW wrote:

I'd like to set quicksilver to activate when I tap ctrl twice.
I think that I used to have this set up but now when I try to double tap
ctrl the activation box says ^_ (or rather ctrl space).

Control-Space is the normal activation shortcut. There’s a separate setting for modifier-only activation you need to enable and configure below that.

I use single Control but I just confirmed that double Control also still works.

--
Rob McBroom

Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 9.57.57 AM.png

HJW

Aug 25, 2023, 2:01:46 PM8/25/23
to Quicksilver
Ah, I had overlooked the Modifier-only activation button. Thanks