Weird one: Keyboard shortcuts won't work, Quicksilver seems to take over (Sonoma)

EmilieR

Oct 27, 2023, 12:17:04 PM10/27/23
to Quicksilver
Hi, I've been using Quicksilver for over a decade and never seen this before.

Today, when I restarted my computer (MBP running Sonoma, 14.0) - image preview (spacebar) would not work. Then I opened Chrome and none of the usual shortcuts would work - Command+t to open a tab, Command+q to quit.

But, when I hit Command+q - the option to quit Quicksilver came up. Quicksilver is always in my system tray and, unlike the other icons there, clicking on the icon did not open any menu to do anything. So my only option seemed to be to quit it. But quitting and restarting did not do anything.

I guess I'll try deleting it and reinstalling? Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this or knows the solution. I'm so used to using Quicksilver to open apps, not sure what to do without it!