Can not install quicksilver in Somona (14.0)

Georg Lutz

Oct 27, 2023, 12:17:05 PM10/27/23
to Quicksilver
had to uninstall Quicksilver and reinstall it in Somona and did not get past this screen;
after pressing "continue" it rendered the app unresponsive

Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-20 um 19.22.52.png

Rob McBroom

Oct 28, 2023, 10:56:43 AM10/28/23
to Quicksilver

On 20 Oct 2023, at 13:25, Georg Lutz wrote:

had to uninstall Quicksilver and reinstall it in Somona and did not get
past this screen;
after pressing "continue" it rendered the app unresponsive

If you can locate an old copy of your ~/Library/Preferences/com.blacktree.Quicksilver.plist and restore it, that should skip the setup screen.

If not, just creating an empty file at that location might work, and then you can go into the preferences and manually set things up.

Another option is to get a copy of that file from someone else and then adjust to your liking in the preferences UI.

--
Rob McBroom

Morten Vassing

Oct 29, 2023, 1:34:50 PM10/29/23
to Quicksilver
I have same issue on 2.4.1 on both MacBook Pro and Mac mini; yesterday I installed 2.4.1 on a Mac mini running Ventura and then I upgraded to Sonoma and same result. Quicksilver rendered useless and hovering some what to the upper left side and non-responsive to mouse click or keyboard input.

David Bayer

Oct 30, 2023, 1:54:39 PM10/30/23
to Quicksilver
I recently restored my laptop to factory then upgraded to Sonoma before installing Quicksilver, and I have similar behavior. It acts like it detects the mouse in a different location than it really is on screen - like the actual position is down and to the left of where I see it on screen.