QS - Show Large Type crashing in Catalina

Hal Hunnicutt

Jan 29, 2020, 12:28:26 PM1/29/20
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
QS 1.6.0 crashes after invoking the “Show Large Type” action under Catalina. The action seems to complete (the type is shown on the screen) and then QS goes down.

Anyone else having this issue?

Hal

Vaughn R. Hamilton

Feb 5, 2020, 9:41:39 AM2/5/20
to Quicksilver
Yes, I'm having this problem.

Rob McBroom

Feb 6, 2020, 6:32:54 AM2/6/20
On 29 Jan 2020, at 12:28, Hal Hunnicutt wrote:

> QS 1.6.0 crashes after invoking the “Show Large Type” action under
> Catalina. The action seems to complete (the type is shown on the
> screen) and then QS goes down.

This is most likely fixed in the latest code, but code-signing issues
prevent us from releasing it.

--
Rob McBroom

Mal Function

Feb 6, 2020, 7:16:30 AM2/6/20
to 'Graham Heath' via Quicksilver
Rob -

I think we've touched on this before but I can't now remember the answer... what exactly needs to be done to resolve the code-signing issues?

Rob McBroom

Feb 7, 2020, 7:09:23 AM2/7/20

On 6 Feb 2020, at 7:16, Mal Function wrote:

I think we've touched on this before but I can't now remember the answer... what exactly needs to be done to resolve the code-signing issues?

I wish I knew. We sign the app, as we have for years.

$ codesign -s "Developer ID Application" --deep Quicksilver.app

It appears to complete without error, but verifying the signature always fails now.

$ spctl -av Quicksilver.app
Quicksilver.app: rejected

I’ve also tried signing from inside out as they recommend, instead of using --deep. That also appears to work until you verify the results. This is on macOS 10.14 with Xcode 9. I’ve also tried in a clean new VM running 10.13 with the same results.

I haven’t been able to wrangle any details out of spctl about why it fails.

--
Rob McBroom

Mal Function

Feb 7, 2020, 7:16:14 AM2/7/20
to 'Graham Heath' via Quicksilver
Rob - just sent you a DM via Slack.  I don't want to disturb folks with this unnecessarily and I don't know how to solve this issue myself, but I may have access to people who can help...