Recent documents in Quicksilver no longer working?

Mark Bowen

Oct 29, 2020, 7:49:23 AM10/29/20
to Quicksilver
Hi there,

I've been using Quicksilver pretty much ever since it first came out and literally cannot live without it.

I was just wondering if I need to do something in order to allow the recent documents feature to work with the latest version?

I'm running v1.6.1 on a Mac Pro 5,1 running Catalina.

I used to be able to select an app in the first pane then press the right arrow and it would show recently opened documents so I was able to open one up quickly. That unfortunately doesn't seem to be working any more?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I used that all the while and really miss it at the moment.

Many thanks.

Mark

Mal Function

Oct 29, 2020, 7:53:23 AM10/29/20
to 'roaming_bob' via Quicksilver
Have you ensured that you've granted QS access in your System Prefs > Privacy panel, Mark?  I've given it acmes in the 'Accessibilty' and 'Full disk access' panes but I'm not sure if I need to do one or both.  Why don't you try doing that one at a time...?

Rob McBroom

Oct 29, 2020, 8:00:28 AM10/29/20
to Quicksilver

On 28 Oct 2020, at 16:10, Mark Bowen wrote:

I've been using Quicksilver pretty much ever since it first came out and
literally cannot live without it.

Same.

I was just wondering if I need to do something in order to allow the recent
documents feature to work with the latest version?

I'm running v1.6.1 on a Mac Pro 5,1 running Catalina.

I used to be able to select an app in the first pane then press the right
arrow and it would show recently opened documents so I was able to open one
up quickly. That unfortunately doesn't seem to be working any more?

I haven’t had the “pleasure” of upgrading to Catalina, so I don’t know for sure, but Apple tends to change the way recent documents are stored pretty regularly, so maybe that happened again.

Check in ~/Library/Application Support/com.apple.sharedfilelist/com.apple.LSSharedFileList.ApplicationRecentDocuments to see if you have a bunch of .sfl2 files and if they’ve ben updated recently. If not, they may have redesigned the system again.

If you do see files being updated there, Quicksilver should be able to pick up the recent documents. In that case, I would make sure Quicksilver has Full Disk Access in your Privacy
preferences.

--
Rob McBroom

Mark Bowen

Oct 30, 2020, 8:14:39 AM10/30/20
to Quicksilver
Hi Timmy,
Thank you so much! That was it. For some reason (I had added QS to both of those places already) but when I checked just now the Full Disk Access privelege was for some reason unchecked. I'd definitely done it when I added it in so not too sure what happened there.

All working fine again now though.

Thank you so much for that!

Best wishes,

Mark