Re: Digest for blacktree-quicksilver@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Fred Weiner

Nov 29, 2020, 3:38:04 PM11/29/20
to Quicksilver Group
That's a little beyond my pay grade. Not a big deal; I'll wait for the plugin. Thanks Rob.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 12:55 PM <blacktree-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Fred Weiner <fw1...@gmail.com>: Nov 28 07:28PM -0700

I've noticed that the iTunes plugin does not affect catalina's music.app on
my desktop mac mini. Bring up 'pause' and go and nothing happens. Is there
a QS service that can do that?
Fred Weiner
"Rob McBroom" <mailin...@skurfer.com>: Nov 29 01:17PM -0500

On 28 Nov 2020, at 21:28, Fred Weiner wrote:

> my desktop mac mini. Bring up 'pause' and go and nothing happens. Is
> there
> a QS service that can do that?

As far as I know, you can still control Music with AppleScript, and
Quicksilver can run AppleScript, so you should be able to put something
together.

https://qsapp.com/wiki/AppleScript_Actions

That’s the best you can do until there’s a Music plug-in.

--
Rob McBroom

J Laguna

Dec 4, 2020, 8:00:16 AM12/4/20
to Quicksilver
This is such a basic question yet I can't seem to figure it out nor can Apple technical support.
I use Yosemite 10.10 and so I downloaded the right version from the Quicksilver site that would be compatible with OSX 10.10.
It installed successfully yet the Application is nowhere to be found on my HD...especially not in the "Applications" folder...nor when I search for hidden files.
Totally baffled. Does anyone know what's going on here? It said that it installed successfully? Is anything fishy going on with this software that I'm unaware of - sincere question?

Thanks,
JL

Rob McBroom

Dec 4, 2020, 8:05:55 AM12/4/20
to Quicksilver

On 3 Dec 2020, at 16:38, J Laguna wrote:

This is such a basic question yet I can't seem to figure it out nor can
Apple technical support.
I use Yosemite 10.10 and so I downloaded the right version from the
Quicksilver site that would be compatible with OSX 10.10.
It installed successfully yet the Application is nowhere to be found on my
HD...especially not in the "Applications" folder...nor when I search for
hidden files.
Totally baffled. Does anyone know what's going on here? It said that it
installed successfully? Is anything fishy going on with this software that
I'm unaware of - sincere question?

Quicksilver doesn’t have an installer, so it can’t tell you one way or another wether it was installed successfully. I would make sure you haven’t accidentally ended up with some sort of malware.

Where did you download it from? The usual process is to download the DMG from qsapp.com, open/mount the DMG, then drag the application from the DMG to /Applications.

--
Rob McBroom