How do I make Spotlight searches work in Quicksilver?

Gloria Lassich

Aug 9, 2022, 9:14:13 PM8/9/22
to Quicksilver
I have the Spotlight plugin installed & enabled, but, for some reason, when I input my query & type "Get Spotlight Results" in the 2nd pane, it comes up blank. (see screenshots) This doesn't just apply to unit conversions either. I tried searching for an Apple note title & I got the same result. What am I doing wrong?

screenshot-08-09-2022-18-05-58.png
screenshot-08-09-2022-18-07-20.png

Rob McBroom

Aug 10, 2022, 5:08:19 PM8/10/22
to Quicksilver
On 9 Aug 2022, at 21:14, Gloria Lassich wrote:

> I have the Spotlight plugin installed & enabled, but, for some reason, when
> I input my query & type "Get Spotlight Results" in the 2nd pane, it comes
> up blank. (see screenshots) This doesn't just apply to unit conversions
> either. I tried searching for an Apple note title & I got the same result.
> What am I doing wrong?

The Spotlight plug-in is really only able to search files and doesn’t support all the things you can type in the regular Spotlight interface.

I would expect this to work for Notes like it does for Mail messages and Contacts, but I can’t test it. Even the regular Spotlight interface isn’t giving me anything at the moment, and searching via QS just crashes it. 😭😂

--
Rob McBroom

Gloria Lassich

Aug 11, 2022, 12:13:23 AM8/11/22