Blacklight MARC integrations

Michelle Urberg

May 1, 2023, 5:27:53 PM5/1/23
to Blacklight Development
HI all,

I am just familiarizing myself with blacklight for the first time and I am wondering if Blacklight MARC can be integrated with proprietary platforms like Summon, Primo, EDS, or their catalog backends (ALMA, etc). Or, what integrations have folks done with FOLIO?

Is this even possible as platforms currently exist?

Thanks,
Michelle Urberg

Tom Cramer

May 3, 2023, 2:38:36 PM5/3/23
to blacklight-...@googlegroups.com, Tom Cramer
Michelle,

At Stanford we present EDS results through Blacklight. We have two tabs in our discovery environment: one for “catalog”--indexed MARC records (drawn from our current ILS), and one for “articles +”—EDS results that are surfaced via API and presented within Blacklight.

We’re planning to cutover to FOLIO this summer and working on that plumbing right now.

- Tom

Michelle Urberg

May 5, 2023, 11:29:40 PM5/5/23
to Blacklight Development