Can Blacklight handle more than one website each with their own core?

Steven Preston

May 28, 2021, 4:02:50 PM5/28/21
to Blacklight Development
Forgive me if this question has been asked, I searched quite a bit already and did not see anything clear.

I am creating several smaller sites of about 300-500 or more pages each. I also want to create a few sites that are smaller niche search engines. Each will have their own core or cores. For some sites, search will be a simple site search with just the title and content fields. For more than one niche search engine, they will be something like what Blacklight is designed for.

I like what I see in Blacklight. I could not find a site search app that worked as well as I liked. Using Solr, I could not find a simple UI that I trusted or maintained. I found Blacklight and my eyes lit up.

Can Blacklight handle this?

I assume it can. I have spent days in the wiki and I am ready to dive in otherwise.

My only worry now is if Blacklight will help me with all the sites I am creating -- about a dozen or more and what configuration I need to make it happen. If that means more than one Blacklight instance on multiple ports, that is just fine. I just need some clues (generally a big hammer will do) to get started.

FYI- I am a retired coder (19 years and counting). I will dive into Ruby and what ever I need. But you might want talk to me like I have no clue.

Cheers!!