Translating facets?

Marc Casals

Apr 20, 2023, 11:29:23 AM4/20/23
to Blacklight Development
Hello all,

I'm new at Blacklight and I'm trying to adapt the page to my language. I managed to translate it doing all the i18n stuff and also the catalog but I can't find how to translate the facet-items.

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-20 100338.png

I saw the config/translation_maps/format_map.properties file but it seems like it isn't doing anything.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Justin Coyne

Apr 20, 2023, 11:35:44 AM4/20/23
to blacklight-...@googlegroups.com
The facet items are pulled from Solr. So you will want to store the translated values in the documents you index in Solr.

-Justin

Message has been deleted

Robert Haschart

Apr 25, 2023, 12:39:54 PM4/25/23
to blacklight-...@googlegroups.com
Adding to Justin's response:

the file you referenced:   config/translation_maps/format_map.properties   is used in the process of creating the solr records from marc records

If you change that file and then reindex the records the records in solr will reflect that change

-Bob Haschart
University of Virginia Library

Marc Casals

Apr 26, 2023, 2:56:26 AM4/26/23
to Blacklight Development
Thank you both.
So far, what I have done is a Python script using pysolr to translate the already indexed fields, and it has worked well.

El dia dimarts, 25 d’abril de 2023 a les 18:39:54 UTC+2, hasc...@gmail.com va escriure: