copyField and single document view don't work

Eric Pugh

Oct 13, 2020, 4:45:51 PM10/13/20
to Blacklight Development

Hi all, has anyone else been bit by the fact that when you look up a single document in Solr, it uses the /get handler, and that handler doesn't return any copyField values?

I'm somewhat shocked that I am discovering this, as I think this bug has been there for a long time, and so maybe I am the only one using copyField.

The issue is documented in SOLR-14282, and the decision to not include copyField values in the /get handler was made in Solr 4, SOLR-3743.

The workaround is to just do a /select?q=id:123 instead of /get?ids=123.

However, I wanted to bring this up before maybe making a patch to Blacklight to make this change!

Eric