Fwd: NBUF Memorial Tribute for Malcolm Shabazz

Naji Mujahid

May 14, 2013, 1:54:24 AM5/14/13
to black-august-plan...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Black United Front <blackuni...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 10, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Subject: NBUF Memorial Tribute for Malcolm Shabazz
To: runawa...@gmail.com

National Black United Front
Follow me on TwitterView my videos on YouTubeView my photos on flickrLike me on Facebook

The National Black United Front (NBUF ) we would like to extend its condolences to the family and fri

ends of Malcolm Lateef Shabazz. Brother Malcolm Shabazz returned back to the essence the morning of  Thursday May 9, 2013 while in Tijuan, Mexico. NBUF has had the privilege of working with Brother Malc

olm on several occasions in

the past and is sadden by this tragic loss.  In the tradition of his g

randparents , Malcolm X and Betty Shabazz, he spoke truth and organized amongst the oppressed peoples of the world.  We are honored, grateful and bless to

have bee

n able to work to uplift our community with this brother.  We know that the

ancestors are pleased with his contribution.  May Brother Malcolm Shabazz rest in paradise.

The National Black United Front will hold a memorial tribute for Malcolm Shabazz, Tuesday May 14, 2013, 7pm at the Emergence Community Arts Collective 733 Euclid Street Washington DC.  Speakers will include Dr. Greg Carr, Chair of Howard University African American Studies Department, as well as other leaders of the Pan African community.  All are welcomed to come and share their thoughts on a young warrior laid to rest.

click picture to rsvp
click picture to rsvp
The NBUF Sankofa Study Circle meets every Tuesday at 7pm at the Emergence Community Arts Collective 733 Euclid Ave NW Washington DC.

Through NBUF's coalition of organizations and individuals, it has worked to help less fortunate people meet the basic needs of food, personal hygiene products, medical supplies and clothing.

To volunteer or contribute items, please contact:

202-525-3449

nbu...@gmail.com

Even if you cannot attend, you can still help by donating the following or similar items:

Bottled Water

Canned Fruit

Canned Vegetables

Cups of Soup

Box of Raisins

Cereal

Oatmeal

Nonperishable Food Items

Toothpaste

Toothbrushes

Dental Floss

Deodorant

Lotion

Bars of Soap

Baby Powder

Foot Powder

Rubbing Alcohol

Peroxide

Band Aids

Clothes

The National Black United Front is a strict financially & politically independent organization. We rely only on the support of the Black Community. We do not receive corporate/government grants or sponsorship. In order for us to provide genuine independent leadership in the Black community, we must have your financial support. We ask that you please consider making a contribution in our efforts to improve the Black community. No amount is to big or to small. Asante Sana (many thanks).
Contact Information
National Black United Front | PO Box 31544 | Washington | DC | 20030