Tax bot

María Óskarsdóttir

Apr 30, 2023, 7:41:44 AM4/30/23
to Bkper
Hi HI
When I am using tax bot there are to things I would prefer to have different, and I am asking if that is possible?

1. When the Tax bot kicks in it does mines  the first Expense I used but not what I am using right now. Is it possible to fix that?

See Pic 1 Bkper_bot1 as I am trying to use new expense
See Pic 2 Bkper_bot2 when I am using the first expense account again

2.Text in line
Regarding the text that the Tax bot uses, in my experiences the text which is used in the tax bot line is the same text as in the line which the tax bot is calculating from
See Pic 3 Bkper_bot3
Is that possible to do that?
Bkper_bot3.png
Bkper_bot1.png
Bkper_bot2.png

Jacob van den Berg

May 8, 2023, 7:34:16 AM5/8/23
to Bkper
Hi Maria,

No one from the community replied so I'm answering.

Point 1
I'm not sure what you refer to in point 1. Can you please describe a bit more what you would like to happen or do?
(Just as tip, it might take a moment for the screen to refresh and reflect the changes.)

Point 2.
When you use the variable ${transaction.description} on the tax bot property tax_description
The record posted by the taxbot will include the description from the first transaction that triggered the tax bot.

Please have a look at this book Tax Bot you can find the tax bot properties on the groups Sales Tax (Sales) and Sales Tax (Purchases).
You can also review the Tax Bot video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLtw8ODVPwU

Do you believe that with this you can get point one to work?

Thank you,
Jacob