Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Jordy 1995

ungelesen,
04.04.2019, 06:11:1604.04.19
an BK8000L
Hey all,

For some reason, one of my flash chips have died while reprogramming. Does anyone have an alternative to these flash chips or should I throw this particular (now dead) module into the trash?

Asraff

ungelesen,
04.04.2019, 06:47:5204.04.19
an BK8000L
Hi,

Try this flash chip, it is what on my bk8000l previously, I never tried buying them separately but you might want to consider this an option?
http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bmsemi.com%2Fupload%2Ffile%2F20180129%2F15172094232894834.pdf&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEVH2yyP8rT_KKMv58oaZ4l95PtoA

Jordy 1995

ungelesen,
04.04.2019, 07:42:1404.04.19
an BK8000L
Thanks, I have looked into these but I can't seem to find anywhere to buy them. Also, I do not know if my programmer supports them. I'm currently looking into some Winbond W25Q40 but I'm not sure if they work. But for €2 per 10, I'm more than willing to take the risk!
Thanks anyway!

Op donderdag 4 april 2019 12:47:52 UTC+2 schreef Asraff:

Asraff

ungelesen,
04.04.2019, 10:11:4204.04.19
an BK8000L
I think, any flash chip that has similar spec should do it, like what I have is 25D40, but actually unknown brand/manufacturer, I think is bmsemi brand. But other brand with similar like what you said Winbond W25Q40 might do the job as well, if the memory address are similar across these brands, I'm sure you can use existing firmware.

It's my opinion, I am not a professional in this sector =)

Jordy 1995

ungelesen,
04.04.2019, 10:14:1504.04.19
an BK8000L
I ordered some just now, we'll see if it works... When I receive them and when I got time for it, I'll try to flash one and solder it back on.

I'll keep you posted!

Op donderdag 4 april 2019 16:11:42 UTC+2 schreef Asraff:

Jordy 1995

ungelesen,
04.05.2019, 08:05:5804.05.19
an BK8000L
Hello everyone, today I received new flash chips. I ordered some Winbond W25X40BV. I programmed one with the noserial BIN file found somewhere in this group, and soldered it in place on the module.

I can confirm that this chip works! My module is alive again! (I managed to brick another one, so this one will get the new Winbond flash as well)

Op donderdag 4 april 2019 12:11:16 UTC+2 schreef Jordy 1995:

bo man

ungelesen,
07.05.2019, 21:30:4307.05.19
an BK8000L
I'm very happy to hear that. I'll probably want to try reviving one of my dead modules as well.
I've had a hell of a time dumping or reprogramming any of the stock eeproms though. What hardware/software did you use to program yours?

Jordy 1995

ungelesen,
08.05.2019, 00:29:4208.05.19
an BK8000L
I'm currently using a version of the USBasp from Fischl.de with ASProgrammer. If you like I can share the version I'm using, and the firmware to hack a cheap AVRisp I got from Aliexpress. Take a look around on the website stated above, it's a very nifty device!

sarf

ungelesen,
24.10.2020, 18:33:4824.10.20
an BK8000L
I can't seem to flash to this particular chip using ch341a and asprogrammer 1.4.0. I tried 2 chips, the first one I soldered directly to the module then tried to flash having reset and ground shorted, read the sreg returns 0xFF for both, read chip id returns all Fs. I opened another fresh W25X40BV and hooked directly to the ic clip to ch341a, i am able to detect the chip id and from the list appeared i selected W25X40BV, I tried to write it but I kept having verification error at 00000 and sometimes at 000008. I even tried the "unprotect>erase>program>verify" method still the same. The SREG for the second one was all 0s.

I I soldered the second one to the module again hoping I could flash the chip by shorting the module's reset to ground, I read the chip id, all returned F (unknown), all SREG became 1. I think I bricked this winbond chip twice in a row..

I think i read before that one particular no-serial.bin firmware/hex but I thing its already deleted
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten