Bricked module?

sarf

Oct 19, 2020, 8:53:52 AM10/19/20
to BK8000L
Hi,

been a while, just got my another ch341a, and backtracked on what I did on the other thread with "ch341a dongle". I reused the same module again from that thread, this time from what I remembered, the ground should be shorted to the reset pin then read the chip.

I'm able to read the chip and all, changed the name then write to chip, weirdly enough the name were changed to "Baca 01" automatically. Then I used "unprotect>erase>program>verify", the name changed successfully. I used an adjustable usb power module, the one can use either cc/cv (I'm not sure how can i go with either cc/cv mode), set the voltage to 3.8-4.1, hooked the module's pinout to the designated wire to the usb power module. The usb power module reported that the bk8000l module consumed 1mA, I changed to another bk8000 module, the one I attempted to change the name as well last year (but not in this year or 20 minutes before writing this), the power consumed is just 2mA.

Scanning both module from my phone returns nothing. On the ch341a programmer has been set to flash chip mode pin 1 and 2 shorted via the jumper for the above process.

I still have 2 more fresh bk8000 module that's still in the anti-static bag, if both are 'bricked' as well, i had to order and wait.

How much current being drawn by bk8000 actually?

Jordy

Oct 28, 2020, 1:54:28 PM10/28/20
to BK8000L
Hi Sarf,

I hooked one up for you. Paired to my phone, it draws somewhere between 20 and 42 mA in idle mode.
Be sure to set your power supply to CV mode.

sarf

Oct 29, 2020, 11:58:48 AM10/29/20
to BK8000L
Hi Jordy,

Thank you for giving these information. I did put it to CV mode, but I just not so sure how to know whether current setting are cv or cc, usually i would try to turn on the usb power module before hooking it up.