Too fragile

sarf

Apr 26, 2022, 2:27:27 PM4/26/22
to BK8000L
Is it just me or what that the bk8000l modules that I have, is just too fragile?

What I always wanted to do was to change this freaking bluetooth name, that's easy enough because they resides in 41000 address areas.

In my attempt to change the bluetooth name, none survived the hack, even if its successful from BK8000L to "blue333". I can scan and connect to the newly named module. However the module just became hot like 50-70'c when there are music/audio coming through to the module.

As the stock unchanged module name of BK8000L remain at ambient temperature.

Tomas Kovacik

Apr 26, 2022, 2:29:20 PM4/26/22
to bk8...@googlegroups.com

my works fine, did you dump fw and change name or used some firmware from net ?

sarf

Apr 26, 2022, 3:33:39 PM4/26/22
to BK8000L
The one that gotten hot, has the name changed from stock to "blue334". It doesn't have any brand prefix, just generic 25D40 or 25D04 marking in it. reading chip ID returned gigadrive or the other one, I'm not sure which to use so I used the gigadrive instead. I can connect to blue334, I already soldered it into my board, one thing I noticed during music playing is that its almost as if the speakers has been shorted together. I even tried to clean up the solder pads just to make sure they are not shorted together. I only using a headphone speaker. I even tried to adjust the speaker balance between Left and Right channel from the source, both speakers still produces same output.

I previously has similar board but using the stock BK8000L name and no firmware hacking, it worked just fine.

My method was reading chip id, it returned 2 maker, I just picked gigadrive, read the flash chip, replaced "BK8000L" to "blue334", same 7 character length name."unprotect>erase>program>verify". That's what I did. This has reset pulled to ground too.

In my other thread "finally a success", was named to blue333 which was I think last year? I tried to read the flash chip again, this one has fremont chip cause it has FT prefix on it. even reading ID returned fremont as maker. I also got the reset pulled to ground on this blue333. don't know whatever reason, I can't seem to find it by scanning the bluetooth from source, even connected through an adjustable usb power source down to 4.0v, it shows 0.000 watt. It bricked, I'm sure of it.

My flash programmer is ch341, the module were powered directly from the ch341's 3.3v side pins.

P.s:
Please disregard my private replies to Tomas. I don't use google group too often and these "reply to author" is a bit confusing to me. In the end I sent 2 similar messages to Tomas almost at the same time then I just realized it is going to Tomas' personal inbox.